After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Relate and complement DevOps and ITSM.
- Describe DevOps.
- Discuss the value of ITSM in a DevOps environment.
- Explain how to utilize ITSM processes in DevOps teams.
This course provides you with the basic knowledge required for the effective utilization of ITSM skill sets in any DevOps organization. It focuses on the essential knowledge of the two different worlds, ITSM and DevOps, and how they complement each other. It helps you know how the DevOps movement fits perfectly with ITSM. The various group discussions and the case study are the primary ingredients of this course that help you understand a DevOps movement in an organization.
Who should attend?Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management Individuals whose role is affected by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as the following IT roles:
- DevOps Engineers
- Product Owners
- Integration Specialists
- Operations Managers
- Incident and Change Managers
- Other IT and Process Managers
- System Administrators
- Network Administrators
- Business Managers
- Automation Architects
- Enterprise Architects
Any prerequisistes?Basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles is beneficial
DevOps and ITSM (ITIL®)
- ITIL Refresh
- Overview of ITIL® Key Lifecycle Phases and Outputs
- What is DevOps?
- Challenges Leading to DevOps
- A Brief History of DevOps
- How DevOps make it easy for a business to work with IT?
- How DevOps drives business performance?
- Why DevOps? (The Benefits)
- DevOps Core Principles
- Defining a DevOps Team
- DevOps Organization
- Activity-Focused vs. Product-Focused
- Automate Everything and Obtain Immediate Feedback
- Continuous Delivery
- Different Starting Points
- DevOps Journeys Examples
- Case Study: EJ Airways
- DevOps Impact on EJ Airways
Contribution of ITIL® and DevOps
- ITIL® and DevOps Complement Each Other
- Positioning DevOps in ITSM Processes
- Why DevOps and ITIL® need each other?
- Realization of DevOps Teams Objectives Through ITIL®
- DevOps Teams in EJ Airways
- EJ Airways Baggage Handling System: Stop Your Work
- ITSM Providing a Solid Base for DevOps in Operation
- Introduction Case for Design and Transition
- ITSM Providing a Solid Base for DevOps in Design and Transition
DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA)
- DASA Competence Framework
- DASA Mission